Roadmap for obtaining an EMI License in Lithuania
Stage 1 - Documents and Formalities
The most important part is undoubdedly collecting all the needed documents and bringing them into a form that the Central Bank of Lithuania will accept it.
- After the agreement for the AEMI License is signed the Central Bank of Lithuania will begin to do KYC on the UBOs, core employees as well as ask for the first technical documents such as business plan and technical details. There is a list of documents that will be asked, which all are standardized. Besides the company documents details about the beneficial owners will be required including income statements, CVs, AML certifications and background checks.
- Company formation including registration of local phone numbers, office rent and registration of according legal address.
- Filling out specific forms that are required and described above: Business Plan, Financial forecasts, IT control forms, Orga structure chart.
Stage 2 and 3 - Registration of reporting standards and official application
- Open up a bank account and apply for a VAT number.
- Signing the agreement with auditing and accounting company.
- Third party analysis for deeper understanding of the business plan and documents that go along the application.
- Analysis of your business plan (including multiple reviews and feedbacks), a various amount of Risk Management Control Design, Risk Management Workshops and ICS analyses.
- Signing off all documents and completing the documentation part.
- Applying officially for the EMI license.
Note: After officially applying for the license it is very common to receive reviews and suggestions by the Central Bank who will either come up with a list of clarifying questions or finalize by granting the licenses