Requirements in Cyprus - what is needed?
Who regulates crypto companies in Cyprus?
Crypto business is regulated and overlooked by the Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission (CySEC), which regulates Investment Funds. There are basic minimum requirements to fulfill in order to apply for a Crypto Investment Fund in Cyprus. Our experienced professionals are able to help with all requirements for you to focus on the actual business:
- Form a company in Cyprus
- Contract a financial insurance for your clients' funds
- Local substance: an office space with domestic employees
- A detailed business plan including charts, schemes and forecasts
- Certificate of no criminal record from all participants (shareholders, directors, compliance officers), which is not older than 3 months
- A significant share capital
- Constant monitoring of changes to AML laws and requirements applying to the jurisdiction
Alternative to Cyprus crypto license
We have many requests to set-up companies in different countries and jurisdictions. Here are top picked alternative crypto licenses in the EU
and offshore crypto licenses
. Its best to speak to a professional from our team to decide which crypto friendly jurisdiction makes most sense for you:
Alternatives for EU Crypto licenses in 2024
Alternative Offshore Crypto licenses in 2024
A VASP regime exists in the BVIs. It's important to understand the benefits and downsides of it. An ideal token issuance vehicle.
Similar to the BVIs the Cayman Islands initiated a VASP regime. We strongly advise our clients to get a consultation and assessment if their business model falls under the Cayman Islands VASP regime.
Often combined with FX licenses and according business models.
Top pick for offshore crypto licenses if the budget is available.