Company Formation in Bahamas
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Bahamas
- 0% Tax for International Business Companies
- Shareholders and directors don't appear on public registers
- No need for reporting
- A reputable jurisdiction close to the US
- Easy to incorporate and manage remotely
How long does it take to register a Company in Bahamas?
- 2-4 working days
- Can be done remotely in one week
What are the steps to register a company in Bahamas?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Bahamas is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Bahamas?
International Business Companies registered in the Bahamas are exempt of any kind of taxation.
However, the yearly payment of a government fee is mandatory:
- 350 USD for companies whose capital doesn't exceed 50,000 USD
- 1,000 USD for companies whose capital is 50,001 USD and over
What Double-tax treaties has Bahamas?
The Bahamas does not have double taxation agreements with other countries.
The Bahamas has signed Tax Information Exchange Agreements with the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroes, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greeland, Guernsey, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, San Marino, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America
Status:end of 2020
- Do you want to start a new company or acquire an existing one?
- How many shareholders will be part of the capital and to which extent?
- Did you acknowledge the yearly fees for operating an IBC in the Bahamas?
Documents to provide for company registration in Bahamas
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Bahamas
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- The Bahamas are part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- A company shall keep financial statements, accounts and records
- There are no requirements to report, audit or file a return
What are the residential requirements in Bahamas?
- There are no residency requirement to incorporate an IBC in the Bahamas
- A registered office address will be provided at the incorporation
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Bahamas
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Tax-free offshore
- No reporting
- Discretion of owners