Company Formation in Cayman Islands
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Cayman Islands
- 0% Tax of any form
- Registers of company members are private
- No accounting or auditing
- Simple to incorporate remotely
- A trusted, best-seller jurisdiction for investing and tax planning
How long does it take to register a Company in Cayman Islands?
- 5-10 working days
- Can be done 100% remotely in the same timeframe
What are the steps to register a company in Cayman Islands?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Cayman Islands is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Cayman Islands?
There are no corporate, capital gains or withholding taxes on any type of company registered in the Cayman Islands.
What Double-tax treaties has Cayman Islands?
The Cayman Islands have limited Double Tax Treaties in force with the following countries:
Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom
The Cayman Islands have signed Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEA) with the following countries:
Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Guernsey, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Seychelles, South Africa, Sweden, the UK and the USA.
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Do you want to deposit a share capital?
- Do you prefer to use a nominee director/shareholder? Registers of members are not public
Documents to provide for company registration in Cayman Islands
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Cayman Islands
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- The Cayman Islands are part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- The only filing obligation in the Cayman Islands is an annual return. This annual return is not a financial statement
The annual return to the Registrar requires a declaration that:
- no changes, other than those notified to the Registrar, have been made in the Memorandum of Association
- the provisions of the Companies Law have been observed
- the company’s operations have been mainly outside the Cayman Islands
What are the residential requirements in Cayman Islands?
- All companies in the Cayman Islands are required to have a registered address
- A registered address is provided at company registration
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Cayman Islands
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Complete tax exemption
- Very high privacy
- Top for investing