Company Formation in Great Britain Ltd
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Great Britain
- No minimum share capital.
- Reputable jurisdiction, easy to open a bank account.
- Wide array of double tax treaties worldwide.
- Quick, cheap and easy to setup.
- 7.5% dividend tax for companies generating less than 50k GBP of income.
How long does it take to register a Company in Great Britain Ltd?
- 1-3 working days
- Can be done remotely in a few days
What are the steps to register a company in Great Britain Ltd?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Great Britain LTD is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Great Britain?
All limited companies in the United Kingdom are liable to a corporate income tax. There are two levels of corporate income tax depending on profits (and not revenue) levels:
- 19% under 300,000 GBP
- 30% over 300,000 GBP
- A few tax relieves and allowances are granted for companies earning less than 1.5 M GBP of profits
- Your accountant will identify them and make the best of them
What Double-tax treaties has Great Britain Ltd?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion
Albania, Algeria, Anguilla, Antigua-and-Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaidjan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia-and-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Sultanate, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Czech Republic, China, Colombia, Croatia, Curaçao and Dutch Antilles, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falklands Islands, Faroes Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guernsey, Guyana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Isle of Man, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechetenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saint-Kitts-and-Nevis, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South-Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Trinidad-and-Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uruguay, USSR, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zaire, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Status: End of 2020
- What is your business model and how a UK LTD company will help it?
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Do you want your name to be hidden in the registry?
Documents to provide for company registration in Great Britain
- Passport copies (a scan) of shareholder/s and director/s, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Great Britain
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your company's activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners/shareholders is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Great Britain is part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
You need your accounts and tax return to meet deadlines for filing with Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
The documents includes full annual reports and a company tax return
The timeframe to provide the accounts to the Companies' House is 9 months after the end of the period (12 months for the tax return)
What are the residential requirements in Great Britain Ltd?
A Great Britain LTD company requires an address in Great Britain. This address will be publicly available
- You can use a PO Box, but you must also include a physical address and postcode after the PO Box number
- There are no residency requirements for members
- An LTD needs at least a director. This director does not need to live in Great Britain (but must provide a contact address)
- You can appoint the director yourself or chose to use a nominee director
- The actual control of the company is held by a publicly disclosed PSC (person of significant control)
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Great Britain
- Fast incorporation
- 0% tax
- Everything remote
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- 0% Tax if undistributed
- A fast growing EU state
- Tech savvy workforce
- Simple for banking
- Quick and easy to set-up
- Low dividend taxes
- 0% Corporate Income Tax
- Cheap and fast process
- No travel needed