Company Formation in Guernsey
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Guernsey
- 0% corporate income and dividends tax rates
- Possibility to have a nominee director
- Set-up in less than a week
- Not a blacklisted offshore financial center
- No need to provide annual accounts
How long does it take to register a Company in Guernsey?
- 2-4 working days
- Can be done remotely in 1 week
What are the steps to register a company in Guernsey?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Guernsey is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Guernsey?
The corporate income tax rate is 0% for both resident and non-resident companies.
- A rate of 10% applies to financial services companies, including banking
- A rate of 20% applies to real estate, large local retail, gas/oil import and cannabis-related businesses
- Companies are entitled to submit an annual tax return, even if their effective taxation rate is 0%
What Double-tax treaties has Guernsey?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion
Cyprus, Estonia, Hong Kong, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Monaco, Qatar, Seychelles, Singapore, United Kingdom
Status : end of 2020
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Do you want your name to be hidden in the registry?
- Does Guernsey tax treaties include countries you are doing business with?
Documents to provide for company registration in Guernsey
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Guernsey
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Guernsey being a territory under Great Britain sovereignty, it is therefore part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- Accounting is compulsor for tax return purposes, but companies registered in Guernsey are not liable to present yearly accounts to the Guernsey Registry
- Companies are liable to file an «annual validation» with a fee depending on its business activity, ranging from 250 GBP to 1,000 GBP
What are the residential requirements in Guernsey?
Any registered company in Guernsey must have a registered office within Guernsey.
- There are no residency obligation for company directors
- Nominee directors are allowed and available in Guernsey
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Guernsey
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- 0% Tax
- No filing
- Quick and easy set-up