Company Formation in Jersey
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Jersey
- 0% corporate income and dividends tax rates
- Possibility to have a nominee director
- One of the most stable and successful International Finance Centres in the world
- 1 person can be both director and shareholder
- Simple accounts filing
How long does it take to register a Company in Jersey?
- About 2 weeks
What are the steps to register a company in Jersey?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Jersey is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Jersey?
The corporate income tax rate is 0% for both resident and non-resident companies.
- Exceptions for financial service companies (10% tax rate), utility companies (20% tax rate) and large corporate retailers (varies depending on the profits, maximum 20%)
- Company income from property or property development is also taxed at 20%. Any dividend or distribution from the company is taxable in the hands of the shareholder
What Double-tax treaties has Jersey?
In 2021,Jersey has FULL double taxation agreements with:
- Cyprus, Estonia, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Isle of Man Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Qatar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Jersey has PARTIAL double taxation agreements with:
- Australia, Denmark, Faroes, Finland, France (also has a tax information exchange agreement in force), Germany, Greenland, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Sweden
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?Do you want your name to be hidden in the registry?Does Jersey tax treaties include countries you are doing business with?
Documents to provide for company registration in Jersy
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Jersy
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Jersey being a territory under Great Britain sovereignty, it is therefore part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- Annual corporate tax returns are compulsory and are to be filed online only
- It isn't possible anymore to file on paper
What are the residential requirements in Jersey?
A Jersey company must have a registered office on its territory.
- PO mailboxes are not allowed
- The beneficial owner does not have to be a resident. His identity will be disclosed in registries even if using a nominee director and shareholder
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Jersey
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- 0% Tax
- One-person venture allowed
- Very easy filing