Company Formation in Labuan
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Labuan
- Easy and cheap to set-up and maintain
- One of the best jurisdiction in Asia for trading and holding
- No audit for investment holdings
- Benefits from the numerous Malaysia DTAs
- High level of economic freedom
How long does it take to register a Company in Labuan?
- 2-5 working days
- Can be done remotely in 1 week
What are the steps to register a company in Labuan?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Labuan is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Labuan?
The rate of tax imposed is 3% of audited net profits for trading activity and zero percent for non-trading activity, provided that the Labuan entities are in compliance with the tax substantial activity requirements.
What Double-tax treaties has Labuan?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion.
Labuan being a part of Malaysia, a Labuan company is concerned by Malaysia's double non taxation agreements.
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia-and-Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Fiji, Finland, France, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyz, Laos, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
Status: end of 2020
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Do you want to deposit a share capital?
- How do you want to organize the shareholdership of the company?
Documents to provide for company registration in Labuan
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Labuan
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Malaysia, and therefore Labuan, is not part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- A Labuan company is required to maintain proper accounting and other records within Labuan. Accounts and other records shall be available at all times to directors of the company
In addition to the numerous tax incentives accorded for Labuan IBFC, the unique features of Labuan tax regime are:
- Less tax filing obligations & perpetual tax exemptions
- No estimation of income and bi-monthly deductions
- Labuan entities may access benefits under the Malaysia DTAs
What are the residential requirements in Labuan?
- Every companies in Labuan must have a registered office and a local representative, that can be a nominee director
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Labuan
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Very low taxation
- Quick and easy to set-up
- Considered as a Malaysian company