Company Formation in Liechtenstein
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Liechtenstein
- Prestigious financial center
- Easy set-up and maintenance
- Quick incorporation
- Low tax environment
- Member of the European Economic Area
How long does it take to register a company in Liechtenstein?
- 5-10 working days
- Can be done remotely in 2 weeks
What are the steps to register a company in Liechtenstein?
The registration process of a company in Liechtenstein is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Liechtenstein?
The corporate income tax is a flat rate of 12,5% of the profits generated
What Double-tax treaties has Liechtenstein?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion
Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, China, Czech Republic, Georgia, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Jersey, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay
Status: Q1 2021
Without VAT number
- Company will not be eligible to receive VAT refunds, which means everything bought is 7.7% more expensive (important: B2B payments between two VAT exempt companies are not more expensive)
- Your company will not have to file monthly tax returns (prerequisite: no one receives a salary), which means low costs
With VAT number
- Any taxpayer can register for VAT with a simple application
- Your company will be eligible to receive VAT refunds, which means you can make use of the reverse-charge mechanism
- Any Liechtenstein company can ask for a VAT registration online
- Getting a VAT number is mandatory if the turnover exceeds 100,000 CHF in a year
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Can you travel or do you want to do everything remotely?
- Do you want to set up an LLC (GmbH) or a company limited by shares (AG)?
Speak to our consultants to get a free consultation and guidance on how to choose the best jurisdiction based on your business model.
Documents to provide for company registration in Liechtenstein
- Passport copies (a scan) of shareholder/s and director/s, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Liechtenstein
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your company’s activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners/shareholders is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Liechtenstein is part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- Companies are due to file a tax return within 6 months after the end of the calendar year. Accounting is mandatory and accounts must be held within Liechtenstein. Accounts and financial statements must be filed yearly. Legal entities and fiduciary companies that exercise a commercial activity, or whose purpose permits the exercise of an activity of this nature, are required to appoint an auditor
- If a company exceeds the following criteria in two out of three cases in two consecutive financial years, it must subject its annual financial statements to an audit:
- CHF 7.4 million total assets
- CHF 14.8 million net sales proceeds
- 50 full-time positions on an annual average
What are the residential requirements in Liechtenstein?
- There are no residential requirements for the founders of a company (GmbH or AG) in Liechtenstein
- Only an address and a registered agent for representation is needed
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Liechtenstein
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Luxurious financial center
- Low taxes
- Part of the EEA