Company Formation in Malta
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Malta
- No residency requirement
- Member state of the EU
- Tax rebates for distribution of dividends
- A reputed and stable jurisdiction for business
- Easy and inexpensive to run
How long does it take to register a Company in Malta?
- 5-10 working days
- Can be done remotely in 2 weeks approximately
What are the steps to register a company in Malta?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Malta is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Malta?
Malta's corporate income tax rate is 35%.
- However, incentives are given to companies that can lower their effective tax rate:
- Dividends paid out of the company’s taxed profits give right to an imputation credit on the paid taxes
- This imputation system is supposed to eliminate the double taxation burden on dividends (Malta has no withholding taxes) and can lead to very low effective tax rates for the company
What Double-tax treaties has Malta?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion
Andorra, Albania, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Vietnam
Status: end of 2020
Two treaties are signed but not in force: Belgium, Curaçao
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Can you travel or do you want to do everything remotely?
- Did you take the minimum share capital into account (1,164.69 EUR)?
Documents to provide for company registration in Malta
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Malta
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Malta is part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
Every year, a company registered in Malta has to report to the Malta Business Register (MBR):
- annual return in a specified form, a copy of the annual accounts & a report from an auditor and from the directors
The filing is done online, no more than 10 years after the end of the financial period of the company.
For small companies answering two of the following three criteria, auditing the accounts is not mandatory:
- Balance sheet total under 46,600 EUR /OR/ turnover under EUR 93,000 /OR/ 2 employees (as an average) during the accounting period
What are the residential requirements in Malta?
There are no residential requirements to establish a LLC in Malta.
- A registered address is the only requisit
- The company needs to have a director and a company secretary. They need to be two different persons. None of them needs to reside in Malta
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Malta
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Advantageous tax system
- Member of the EU
- Cheap and easy