Company Formation in Mauritius
Top 5 Advantages of company registration in Mauritius
- Interesting set of DTA countries
- Very low effective taxation
- Efficient registration and filing system
- One of the main financial centers of Africa
- Possibility to open a local bank account
How long does it take to register a Company in Mauritius?
- 2-5 working days
- Can be done remotely in 1 week
What are the steps to register a company in Mauritius?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Mauritius is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Mauritius?
The corporate income tax rate is 15%, but it is possible to apply a 80% reduction, leading to an effective rate of 3%.
What Double-tax treaties has Mauritius?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion.
Australia (partial), Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Cape Verde, China, Congo, France, Germany, Ghana, Guernsey, India, Italy, Jersey, Kuwait, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Rwanda, Qatar, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Swaziland, Sweden, Thailand, Tunisia, UGanda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Status: end of 2020
Treaties with the following countries are expected to be ratified soon: Gabon, Comoros Ilands, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia
- Do you want to buy a ready-made company or start a new one?
- Do you want to deposit a share capital?
- How do you want to organize the shareholdership of the company?
Documents to provide for company registration in Mauritius
- Passport copies (a scan) of all individuals above, also beneficiary owner if applicable
- A Power of Attorney (in case of a remote company registration)
- Certified company documents (in case at least one of the shareholders is going to be a foreign company)
Information needed to get company registration in Mauritius
- 3 options of your desired name for the company and a company contact email address
- Names, addresses and emails of all shareholders and board members
- Short description of your companies’ activity
- The whole incorporation process can be conducted remotely. No travel necessary. Notarization of documents is necessary
- A Power of Attorney (POA) from (all) partners/shareholders is needed
- The POA is sent to you by us based on the services you want
- You have to certify the POA by a notary and in some cases legalize it by apostille (some countries need full legalization)
- Once you have the POA on your hands, we double-check, and you send us the original form (physical document!) via courier to our address
- Mauritius is part of the Hague Convention of the Apostille
Accounting and auditing
- Accounting is required in Mauritius
- The Board of every company shall, within 6 months after the balance sheet date of the company, prepare an annual report on the affairs of the company during the accounting period ending on that date
- The filing can be done online
What are the residential requirements in Mauritius?
- Every companies in Mauritius must have a registered office and a local representative, that can be a nominee director
- The shareholders have no residential requirements
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.
FAQs about company registration in Mauritius
- 0% tax
- Perfect to begin with
- Easy process
- Very business friendly
- Competitive tax rates
- A growing EU economy
- Very low tax
- Foreigner friendly
- Everything remote
- Lowest tax rate in the EU
- Favorable for business
- Simple and fast
- Very low taxation
- Top for finance
- 100% online