How long does it take to register a Company in Labuan?
- 2-5 working days
- Can be done remotely in 1 week
What are the steps to register a company in Labuan?
The registration process of a company in Company Formation in Labuan is very simple. The experts of LegalBison will assist you throughout every step of it:
- Initial consultation and agreement
- Payment of the full invoice
- [IF REMOTELY]: Notarization of POA by client
- Preparation of registration documents
- Document signed at the notary
- Official register validity: immediately
How high are the corporate income tax in Labuan?
The rate of tax imposed is 3% of audited net profits for trading activity and zero percent for non-trading activity, provided that the Labuan entities are in compliance with the tax substantial activity requirements.
What Double-tax treaties has Labuan?
Many countries have bilateral conventions to avoid double taxation and prevent fiscal evasion.
Labuan being a part of Malaysia, a Labuan company is concerned by Malaysia's double non taxation agreements.
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia-and-Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Fiji, Finland, France, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyz, Laos, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
Status: end of 2020
Accounting and auditing
- A Labuan company is required to maintain proper accounting and other records within Labuan. Accounts and other records shall be available at all times to directors of the company
In addition to the numerous tax incentives accorded for Labuan IBFC, the unique features of Labuan tax regime are:
- Less tax filing obligations & perpetual tax exemptions
- No estimation of income and bi-monthly deductions
- Labuan entities may access benefits under the Malaysia DTAs
What are the residential requirements in Labuan?
- Every companies in Labuan must have a registered office and a local representative, that can be a nominee director
LegalBison offers help with all of the above requirements. We assist and are local on ground. Speak now for free with one of our consultants to get your business started.